Please Disable Ad-Block To View This Website.

If you block ads, this site can not survive!

Ads are very minimal for registered users. If you don't have an account please register now!

DOWNLOAD

FRIENDS
Link to us!
PhotoShelf

Home | Comments:
Average Rating:   10   Kte (MTS theme engine) 1.5 by Kamek
Description:
Brilliant MTS theme engine, supporting schemes, gzip, vpak and much much more

Submitted Review Author's Updates
Pros...
The most notable thing about this engine is its method of running themes
Unlike most engines, KTE actually "compiles" the theme into a remote script, so everything is handled at runtime. The result is a VERY fast theme engine.

KTE also has a nice dialog, with a brilliant preview system. From this dialog you can setup your theme directory, and load your themes/schemes. I did run into problems selecting RAsh schemes, however kamek assures me this is a bug in RAsh not KTE.

KTE is backwards compatable to version 1.0, which is handy if you have old themes.

It includes a nice readme file which explains how to use things and get started.

KTE also has a good lot of /commands for us command line junkies :)

Also supports vPac archives and gzip compression which may be useful for you

the version history says there is a cookie...hehe which i am yet to find, happy hunting people :))

Cons...
Although i have yet to find any cons in the actual day to day use of the engine (i have been testing it since v0.4), it does have one major drawback. Loading is very slow. This is because it precompiles everything, and its a tradeoff for the actual speed you get once the theme is loaded.

Also, you can end up having 3 files related to themes loaded (the main engine, the dynamicly generated script and the supporting theme script), which isnt really a con, but can get a tad annoying if you already have lots of things loaded :)

Conclusion...
Brilliant, however there is some room for improvement. Perhaps an auto theme downloader from mircscripts.org would be nice. Some sort of intergration into kameks theme editor would also go along way towards making this perfect :)

All in all a mighty effort. Far and away the best MTS engine you'll ever download

Reviewed by: Dark_Greg
December 8th, 2001:
Several fixes and improvements were made.

December 18th, 2001:
Again, several changes. Mostly bug fixes and improved compatibility with the standard.

Don't forget to read the Readme BEFORE updating your current version.

February 11th, 2002:
Several bugfixes. Also, Kte works now on mIRC 6.0 and up, but will still work for those who want to stay with mIRC 5.91.

A must update!

March 23rd, 2002:
Kte 1.31: this is mostly a bugfix release.

All those unique bugs Kte used to have should be gone now. This include preview problems, wrong nickname display, wrong channel name display, DCC chat and fserv problems.

April 27th, 2002:
Kte 1.4

Lots of bugfixes and internal changes. Now only works on 6.01.

The most interesting feature is probably is the zipped theme support (as long as you have mUnzip, that can be found in the DLLs section).

August 2nd, 2002:
Kte 1.5

As often, I won't tell much here. Download and see it yourself :P

The engine is a tad faster now, and fully compatible with mIRC 6.02. There's a "big preview" feature, for those addicted to just looking at pictures. Also, preview files stored will take considerably less space, as they're saved now in .png format.

June 27th, 2004:
Fix for mIRC 6.15.

No other changes, sorry.

Screenshot:

Comments:

Mode:    Create New Post

masamunecyrusJul 19, 2011 7:43AM
I've figured out how to get this working almost completely.

1. Installing KTE

First, download the script. Since after Windows XP we don't have the privilege of writing to Program Files, anymore, now we should extract the KTE folder to:
%AppData%\mIRC\kte\
For instance, my kte.mrc is located at:
%AppData%\mIRC\kte\kte.mrc
Now we can open up mIRC and type

/load -rs kte/kte.mrc

In the new Windows, $mircdir is located in %AppData%\mIRC\ instead of C:\Program Files\mIRC\

Ok, good. So nothing happens. But if you check your toolbar, you'll notice a new Load theme... button under the Command option. Now is where we apply hixxy's fix.
quote:
hixxy said:

On line 532 change this:

while ($regsub(%v, /((\s|\A)[^$%\x28,[]][^\x20\x29,]*) \$\+ ([^$%[]]\S*(\s|\Z))/, $!1$3, %v) > 0) { }

To this:

while ($regsub(%v, /((\s|\A)[^$%\x28,[]][^\x20\x29,]*) \$\+ ([^$%[]]\S*(\s|\Z))/, \1\3, %v) > 0) { }

Now you should be ready to install themes to the %AppData%\mIRC\kte\themes\ directory!

Lastly, you might want to go to Commands>Load theme..., then File>Settings..., and then click on the Fonts tab and modify your font replacement settings. For me, all of the Terminal fonts in MTS themes look like jibberish, so I changed mine to Consolas (because I like Consolas).

2. Installing themes w/ unicode mIRC

The new mIRC versions support unicode, and that makes all the characters in most of these themes screwed up. Most all of these mIRC themes are saved as ANSI text and KTE displays these as bizarre characters and jibberish, now. I found a very easy fix to this problem, though.

First, go to your themes directory. For me, I had to create %AppData%\mIRC\kte\themes\ and populate it with themes. After that, KTE automatically detected the themes in that directory (even though I didn't tell it to look there!). Find the .mrc file for the theme you've downloaded. For instance, I downloaded the stealth theme and extracted it to my %AppData%\mIRC\kte\themes\ directory. The file I am looking for is %AppData%\mIRC\kte\themes\stealth\stealth.mrc

We need to display this text file in ANSI format, convert it to unicode, and then save it as a unicode file. Here's how I did that. Open up a command prompt in this folder (shift-right click, Open command window here...), and then do like the following:

chcp 437 & clip < stealth.mrc

What this does is change the command prompt to codepage 437 (which will display these old theme files with the correct font), and then copy the entire stealth.mrc file into the clipboard.

Then, open notepad and CTRL+V paste. You should see that you've pasted the stealth.mrc with all of the proper font. Now go to File>Save as... and make sure, at the bottom where it says, Encoding:, to change it from ANSI to Unicode. Save over the top of the old stealth.mrc, and then go load it in KTE! The preview picture in KTE is still broken (don't know how to fix it, yet), but the theme will load properly, now!

dStarDec 10, 2011 6:05AM
theme w/ unicode mirc doesn't work here.

MpdreamzMar 1, 2006 7:22AM
mIRC 6.17 seriously broke KTE :*(, adresses dont get shown on join, topics arent displayed and that is just after 2 minutes of loading the addon im sure theres loads more.

Text edited by author on Mar 1, 2006 @ 7:22AM

TwidoMar 7, 2006 4:16PM
I'm having troubles using this on 6.17 to.

( 21:13) ›› Notify: <nick> is$1$3%:comments

And it happens with all mts themes, only on mirc 6.17

hixxyMar 7, 2006 7:22PM
On line 532 change this:

To this:

Text edited by author on Mar 7, 2006 @ 7:22PM

ErikMar 8, 2006 9:03AM
Doesn't work here :(

hixxyMar 8, 2006 9:07AM
Do you still get the same error Twido mentioned?

bl44tMar 9, 2006 1:47PM
Clear cache. I forgot this too.

TwidoMar 8, 2006 2:49PM
works perfectly, thanks.

masamunecyrusJul 19, 2011 7:41AM
EDIT: I figured out how to get the themes working in the new unicode mIRC versions. I made a separate post about it, above.

Text edited by author on Jul 19, 2011 @ 7:46AM

`EnFoRceR`Nov 15, 2007 1:12PM
Rating:     10Best MTS Engine ever!! I love it! Code is Perfect.. Thanks Kamek

firab0iApr 2, 2007 4:37AM
mine always is on preparing to load
it doesnt go any further

* /hdel: no such table 'Kte_Data' (line 333, kte.mrc)

wats dat supposed to mean :s

Text edited by author on Apr 2, 2007 @ 4:38AM

Sparky911Dec 2, 2006 9:27AM
Rating:     10I changed some code on line 807 due to this bug...

/background: invalid parameters (line 807, kte.mrc)

The code was...

elseif ($0 == 2) && ($isfile($2)) { background $1-, }

and I changed to...

elseif ($0 == 2) && ($isfile($2)) { background $remove($1-,$mircdir) }

Seemed that saving the full path to the theme wasn't working for me (mIRC v6.2). Changed that and my images loaded properly.

squirkAug 21, 2006 12:29PM
are anyone elses themes fuckin up with 6.2? idk if its the specific theme im using but it fucks up like channel modes, part/quit messages and all that shit, just wanna know if its kte or my theme

edit: it also appears to work fine on some other theme engines but i dont wanna use them haha, so any ideas?

Text edited by author on Aug 21, 2006 @ 12:30PM

PhrostByteAug 28, 2006 9:51PM
messed up for me too. i tried the other popular theme engine but it doesn't display my favorite theme (opiate) properly

TribeOct 29, 2006 7:45PM
On line 532 change this:

To this:

by hixxy

CcowboyAug 6, 2006 1:25PM
Is anyone else having problems again with $1$3 using mIRC 6.2?

6:23p        • •$1$3have 11296 clients and
  6:23p        • •$1$3local users: 11296 max: 13628
  6:23p        • •$1$3global users: 31728 max: 39872

I have tried the fix for 6.17 but it's still doing it.

jizzyAug 9, 2006 8:28AM
soulds like the scripts broken

chris1Mar 13, 2006 3:21PM
this is a nice script, but it needs a review. e.g. it does not work with mirc 6.17
and some new features would be nice

hixxyMay 17, 2006 1:16PM
Check out the fix I posted earlier.

chris1Jul 1, 2006 2:13PM
I know, but this is not the point

SanzukouMar 6, 2006 1:18PM
Rating:     10I haven't tried it with mIRC 6.17, but i'm using 6.16 and it works fine for me. I won't use anything other than this. I have found no problems so far. Good job, man. :)

XPMasterNov 20, 2005 9:47AM
I'm getting the same two errors that you're getting:
Scripts won't load, and the nick list colors won't apply

I'm using mIRC 6.16

elektroglowMar 28, 2005 7:22AM
im using mirc 6.16 on windows xp pro

i have problems with nicklist nickname color (ops,hops,voice,owner,etc), they dont get the mts color
some1 know why?

cya, elektroglow

[AFX]Feb 5, 2005 12:21PM
OK, I am just getting this bug, when I switch themes, the KTE-DYN file does not update proper, it still has the commands from the previous theme loaded. So when I whois someone, I get errors like this:

Using Blink theme, previous theme was Luminousity:

ÿ ÚÄÄÄÄ> whois: zioxide
ÿ ³ÿÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÂÄÄÄÄÄÿÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÿÄÿÄ
ÿ |ÿ³ name:ÿ³ ZioX
ÿ ³ÿ³ addy:ÿ| ~ZioX@VGC-37173.ne.client2.attbi.com
ÿ ³ÿ| chan:ÿ³ @#zioxide #solid #Genscripts @#arena
ÿ ³ÿ³ serv:ÿ³ nemesis.nv.us.vidgamechat.net
ððð has identified for this nick
ÿ ³ÿ³ idle:ÿ³ 2hrs 9mins 49secs
ÿ ÀÄ´ sign:ÿ³ Sat Feb 05 07:16:10 2005
ÿ ÀÄÿÄÄÄÄÄÁÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÿÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÿÄÿÄ
ððð Error: Invalid Command (LUMINOSITY.WHOIS)

Now, this is when I was using luminousity:

12:19p    (@[AFX]) dfd
  12:19p    • Whois on Theorem •
  12:19p        • •   Theorem is Theo (Test@a213-22-144-83.netcabo.pt)
  12:19p                   is on #Scriptshelp @#nintendo @#scripters-pt +#naruto @#SCT @#scripts
  12:19p                   is identified
  12:19p                   is on novis1.PTnet.org (Servidor PTnet na Novis Telecom)
  12:19p    • End of whois •
  12:19p        • •  error: BLINK.WHOISINIT invalid command
  12:19p        • •  error: BLINK.WHOISCHAN invalid command
  12:19p        • •  error: BLINK.WHOISSERV invalid command

What is up with this?

Queen-AmidalaDec 19, 2004 1:31PM
I just noticed this today when I got a pm and started talking in query... I get this error in my status window:

* /query: insufficient parameters (line 349, Kte-Dyn.mrc)

anyone else having this problem?

DarkOct 16, 2004 6:37AM
hey how can i work anythink.thm?
i can work .mts
but u need load .thm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
howwwwwwwwwwwwww?
:>
pls any one help me

AndyOct 16, 2004 7:21AM
"MTS Theme Engine"

DarkOct 16, 2004 6:32AM
hey how can i work anythink.thm?
i can work .mts
but u need load .thm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
howwwwwwwwwwwwww?
:>
pls any one help me

BloW-MaNSep 6, 2004 3:17PM
When I or someone else types "" (quotation marks twice) and hit enter in a channel I see:
<time> <nick>: [EMPTY MESSAGE]
Others can see my message.
If type the same message in mIRC 6.03 I just see the timestemp. Again, others can see my message.
Both mIRC's have KTE "Version 1.5 for MTS 1.1". When I unload KTE.mrc it works perfectly.
Can someone confirm this issue?

netkoJun 30, 2004 12:12PM
sometimes my mirc freezes on raw 368, i reload kte, and the problem is gone for some time, then it freezes again,... this always happens to me on one specific channel, none other.

Text edited by author on Jun 30, 2004 @ 12:19PM

BloW-MaNJun 28, 2004 7:09PM
still have the problem with KTE_SET when loading CALMBLUE.MTS and using "v1.2 style" scheme.

SkinArtJun 28, 2004 1:39PM
thanks Kamek

KamekJun 28, 2004 12:14PM
So quick update that I forgot to change version number. D'oh!

esgijshcJun 28, 2004 4:41AM
whoehoe now everything works i finally love it again~! :)

good job kamek!

DarkmnmJun 27, 2004 10:59PM
My themes are just plain out not changing the colors. The themes change but the colors don't change at all. The background color stays the current color and so do all the text colors and such. Basically the mIRC pallette isn't changing.

Text edited by author on Jun 27, 2004 @ 11:00PM

SkinArtJun 4, 2004 1:57PM
Yep always the best engine imo, but is time to Kamek made update soon, because with 6.15 have serious problem.

NiceboyJun 4, 2004 11:38PM
what's the problem is ?

SkinArtJun 5, 2004 2:00AM
what you not have any problem with 6.15?
my, on startup,and after connected, on end of MOTD

07:35 * Nikki2-T sets mode: +ixnpeL
KTE_SET Unknown command
07:35 * ChanServ is on IRC (Services)
* /goto: 'end' not found (line 883, Kte-Dyn.mrc)
cmd No topic is set.
KTE_SET Unknown command etc continue... Tested on DALNET

another one but this is fun, because i quit with flood every time. and sorry for long text

07:34 * Connecting to irc.chatworlds.net (6667)
Welcome to the Internet Relay Chat network, Nevermore!Nevermore@213.149.*.*
Your host is home.chatworlds.net, running version 1.8.4-SEC
home.chatworlds.net CR1.8.4-SEC oiwsabjgrchytxkmnpeAEGFSLMRTX abcdeijklmnoprstuvzAMNLO
WATCH=128 SAFELIST TUNL FLG=s,5 ConferenceRoom by WebMaster
There are 8 users and 120 invisible on 5 servers
19 Insomniac(s) Online
1 unknown connection(s)
99 channels formed
I have 120 clients and 3 servers
Current local users: 120 Max: 165
Current global users: 128 Max: 173
Message of the Day, home.chatworlds.net
End of /MOTD command.
07:34 * Nevermore sets mode: +ixnpeL
KTE_SET Unknown command
07:34 * ChanServ is on IRC (Services)
* /goto: 'end' not found (line 883, Kte-Dyn.mrc)
#TESTING No topic is set.
07:34 ERROR Excess flood
07:34 * Disconnected
07:34 * Connect retry #1 irc.chatworlds.net (6667)

another
07:53 * Settings were updated from 'mirc.ini'.
this message is on mIRC Startup, /echo -a before not have that one.

all errors i not have on 6.14, after update to 6.15 this error showed every time when i pres /server <servername> <port> on end of MOTD and when mIRC startup, and quit with flood and etc... i think
this is enough and clear. i use KTE since the day when Kamek released, and is my fav in all time, and i think for 6.15 Kamek need to check for fix bugs, so Kamek please check soon and fix something for 6.15, i not wish to use other engine.

Edit: Edited. Tested using mIRC 6.15 and KTE Eninge, without any script, snipppet, addon, or alias.

thanks.

Text edited by author on Jun 5, 2004 @ 2:06AM

NiceboyJun 5, 2004 5:40AM
he , Looks bad , I use Kte_ , But just a little , I will check it to know what the bug is . mIRC 6.15 has a lot of bugs need to solved

kristnjovJun 5, 2004 8:11AM
Yeah, I'm having issues with that as well... I really want to use KTE, nothing else.

NiceboyJun 6, 2004 12:50AM
This error relatives with command /continue of while loop . It's not halt currently loop to begin a new loop but still process the remain script , so any script use /continue command can't not run with mIRC 6.15 , This is a bug of mIRC 6.15 . The bug will be easily fixed by replace /continue by /goto <label> (<label> must set at the beginning of while loop to replace /continue), or you don't have to use mIRC 6.15 , just simple

[AFX]Jun 9, 2004 2:47PM
Actually, I fixed the bug lol...I just made an :end label after all the if-then-else shit, and that got rid of the goto shit

The KTE_SET error was easy, instead of a local alias (which is what Kamek had it, -l), I just made it global (removed the -l)

NiceboyJun 9, 2004 11:52PM
I don't want to try it , because KTE_Set is not actually the bug . when use /continue in mIRC 6.15 ( you can see this error clearly at mIRC forum) , Kte couldn't build dynamic script (It's go wrong) and that's the bug , Using Global or local alias is not important

kristnjovJun 12, 2004 1:14PM
So all we can do basically is wait for the new bugfix version of mIRC?

SkinArtJun 12, 2004 2:23PM
No! Kamek update KTE engine soon i think, i read somewhere here at weboard. mabye look here

Text edited by author on Jun 12, 2004 @ 2:26PM

NiceboyJun 13, 2004 12:52AM
I have specified the error and why you don't try to fix it . It's simple

denoJun 7, 2004 6:40AM
The same here...

KamekJun 27, 2004 9:17PM
Fixed. Sorry for taking so long to update, I've been busy with tests and a few days ago I had serious problems with my hard disks. As a result, I lost lots of files, including all mIRC-related stuff. I just downloaded Kte again, changed 3 lines and resubmitted, nothing else.

violinsJun 21, 2004 1:04PM
In girc theme and others the quit message appear 2 times..

[02:02pm] Quit: violns_\aaaaa@eDgHHVtOgt7.200.164.253.O[ [Conectado por tempo insuficiente]]
[02:02pm] * violns_ has quit IRC (Conectado por tempo insuficiente)

how I fix it ?

NiceboyJun 22, 2004 12:22AM
may be because girc theme has a quit sentence , but Kte_theme is also . so I think you should check this theme , I don't have it so just take a guess

NodrenJun 5, 2004 5:08AM
the problem ive noticed in the newer mIRC versions is some of the theme files dont unload themselves when using theme.unload(i see it in the Blue MTS theme mainly)

flandersMay 27, 2004 11:26PM
i can only see the bottom of the preview on the larger way, in the normal, i can't see a thing... what's goin on ?

OflooFeb 16, 2003 10:29AM
when i use themes with images realy slows down, notice goes to only status window realy anoying i am an irc op on a newwork and i work with notice all the time even on other networks i go lots of trigger related stuff on it and like this it is hard to use !!

ducksualAug 6, 2002 6:34PM
I'm not sure if this is just my theme (which has no extra script yet) but is there a reason that notices get echoed in status rather than in all the channels which the person is in with you/the active channel, also CTCP's come up in the active channel rather than in status, is this just me or am I just confused?

Text edited by author on Aug 6, 2002 @ 6:34PM

KamekAug 3, 2002 9:26AM
There's something wrong with the .png support. Please reply to the comment in the original comments section informing your OS version and color depth (hi-color, true color, 32 bit...)
A workaround for now is going to File->Settings and turning off the cache for previews.

boreAug 3, 2002 7:36AM
this is nice, not going to comment the kte (great as always!! :P) but this comment system is very nice..

njdAug 2, 2002 6:24PM
cool

njdAug 2, 2002 6:25PM
hah cool

Create New Post

You must be logged in to post messages.