Please Disable Ad-Block To View This Website.

If you block ads, this site can not survive!

Ads are very minimal for registered users. If you don't have an account please register now!

DOWNLOAD

FRIENDS
Link to us!
PhotoShelf

Home | Comments:
Average Rating:   9.5   Peace and Protection 4.22 by pai
Description:
Ok, what is there to say? One of the best, fully-packed and excellently coded script mIRC has seen.

It has everything a newbie, regular or advanced mirc user is looking for in a script. Ok, I could go on, but there's a Review text box to fill, so read on!

Submitted Review Author's Updates
Review
Downloading and installing the script was no problem, I just had to read the very well written readme.txt and I was ready to open this very promising script. I opened the mirc, and typed what the readme.txt told me to do (/load -rs scriptfirst.mrc) and I was totally overwhelmed by the installation of this script.

First, I got a nice window with great graphics and a progress bar filling up. Then, the mirc was minimized and remote files where loaded. Then, mirc was closed, and re-started by the script. Unfortunately, this time, when the progress bar got to initialize the script DDE, my mirc crashed. However, this didn't happen again.

The total installation went pretty smooth, took little time on my machine (PIII 500mHz 128RAM). Once loaded, I got nice informative /echo's telling me about the script's feature, and giving other information.

The script was started with the default profile. You can add profiles and manage them with the script's Profile Manager, but I preferred to be basic and leave it with the default profile.

After loading, I immediately went to the theme central, and that is where I first got disappointed:
* /dialog: 'pnp.mts' error loading icon 'C:PNPscript16.bmp' (line 120, NEWTHEME.MRC)
Uh?! Since I’ve heard pai had written an mts compiler in mirc, I really wanted to see what the mts engine was capable of. The Sound Events and Nick List Coloring where unfortunately in the same remote file, so, trying to open them, I got the same error messages again.

The configuration is awesome. It has an advanced away configuration (which has a neat little dialog which pops up every time you're going idle-away), and of course excellent protections; that's why the script's named peace and PROTECTION. However, once in a while I got error msg's concerning the particular file named GUI.MRC. *clue* :)

Other things I liked where the profile manager, font fixer, event routing (which let's you control events happening on channels) and the excellent channel scanners.

I can go on and on about pnp's nice features, but the main reason these things work so fine, eventually, is because of the scripts coding. The script is compatible with the new mirc (6+), and was coded excellently; smooth and short. This makes a fully packed script like pnp, into a fast, smooth-running one.

Another thing I liked was not-using dll's by the author. I think pai is still, and will be of old-school scripting, which is probably the best there is.

To sum it up, this is a great script. However, I got disappointed of all the error msg's I got when trying to open the Theme Central and script layout tools. I hope this will be fixed in the next versions.

Reviewed by: oMri^^
There are no update notes.
Screenshot:
Screenshot
Available

Comments:

Mode:    Create New Post

CometBabySep 9, 2009 9:04PM
I'm having a new problem after years of use. If I reboot, I get a bunch of error messages as PnP tries to load. The scripts seem to keep trying to load and eventually do so .. asking me to run the initialization commands as I would on a new install. When all is said and done .. I get a popup that says there were 22 errors on loading.

This happens every single time, after I reboot.

I have wondered if a windows update that may be responsible .. but uncertain. Anyone else having this problem?

findfriendDec 11, 2008 12:14AM
I think that, this script is good, but I don't like textbox wen type.

black_psMar 5, 2008 3:16AM
Rating:     9When i hop the nickname is not updating the color,anyone to help please..

jozefkMar 7, 2008 8:04AM
for any help about PnP:
server: eu.undernet.org
channel: #peace&protection

PnP is the best script in the world!!!

Miss Pai THANX a lot!

PoKJul 18, 2006 4:36PM
Rating:     9i got these 2 errors sometimes when i play an mp3, anyone knows what could be the problem? im zero at scripting :S

* /savebuf: unable to open 'C:\mIRC\config\default\sound.rct' (line 75, alias2.mrc)
* /savebuf: unable to open 'C:\mIRC\config\default\recent.pls' (line 452, sound.ppa)

DarkDec 4, 2004 10:21AM
i put this command on @SNotice
on *:USERMODE: {
if (o isin $1-) {
window -oe @ChatOps | .mode $me +Kkbefdmsyw | .timer 1 6 /links }
}

but it didnt work , i need the msg chatops show it in @chatops.
thanks...

jamcDec 4, 2004 6:21PM
say what ?

whatrevolutionJul 11, 2006 11:49AM
lol

cristiMar 5, 2006 5:38AM
Rating:     10Hello all,

After a long absence I am glad to be back.

P&P has been upgraded to a new release 4.22.2. I know that is not much, but still it is something. P&P works with mIRC 6.17 with a small fix added. Take a look on the official web site: http://www.kristshell.net/pnp/ .

We also added a installer version of the script in order to make things more simpler.

For any other questions, #peace&protection @undernet is at you service. You can also check out the new forum: http://pnp.lx.ro

Kind regards,
cristi
#peace&protection

Text edited by author on May 4, 2006 @ 4:11PM

[err0r]Apr 1, 2006 9:38AM
Hey cristi,

I got a small error not witnessed in my 4-5 years of using this script now that I am using it with mIRC v6.17,
I just downloaded the script (422-2) from the mentioned site during initial setup,... once I setup my settings and click on DONE,
mIRC freezes, Ctrl-BREAK yields a problem here:

* Break: command halted (line 178, aliases.mrc)

Thanks, and cheers to everyone still working on keeping this the best mIRC script around..

cristiMay 4, 2006 4:15PM
Never happened to me, but I'll try to look into it, to see if it can be reproduced and if there is a problem there, and I hope that I'll get back to you with a solution.

Kind regards,
cristi
#peace&protection

[err0r]Jun 3, 2006 12:39PM
I think I finally narrowed the problem down again I am using mIRC v6.17 and PNP 4.22.2 on Windows XP.

Fooling around I discovered the bug has something to do with the "setup Wizzard" during the part where it asks you to choose PNP theming when you select to use a default font in the right box mirc freezes.

CTRL-ALT-BREAK yields

* Break: command halted (line 231, themedit.mrc)

I did a clean install and decided not to apply a font during this stage and everything worked fine. I even added every addon in the final stage and it works fine.

Looking at the code it has something to do with writing to the mirc.ini file hard to debug as pai had a unique scripting style IMO.

Cheers... Hope this helps any.

[err0r]Jun 3, 2006 12:44PM
Heh, I was fooling around with it a little more and I believe now for sure that is the probme
I went to the font-fix in the pnp menu. and when I hit apply mirc freezes again. Returning an error with themedit.mrc

DoNiLeMay 25, 2006 7:21AM
Rating:     10Guys,I'm using PnP for a long time and i think that PnP is the best script ever....

hixxyMay 25, 2006 7:50AM
I agree.

NanaNov 7, 2005 10:14AM
hi
I use PnP script about 3 years, I like this script, but I have problem, can U Fix it?

* /remini: too large: 'K:\scriptners\mIRC\config\default\userinfo.ini' (line 415, banlist.mrc)
* /remini: too large: 'K:\scriptners\mIRC\config\default\userinfo.ini' (line 441, banlist.mrc)

tiborgAug 26, 2005 4:25AM
It's`ve been a while since P&P is on market...and it's still standing up. There is no such thing like perfect script...but from all the scripts i used. this is quite good. That's all that it should be said. All those who are not making their own scripts should be grateful that P&P exists...
Good job, pai.

phoAug 4, 2005 4:44PM
how can i download =D

da^hypeAug 4, 2005 5:37PM
1. Join Undernet and /j #peaceandprotection and use one of the links in the topic.
2. Go to this site > http://www.kristshell.net/pnp/ or http://pnp.the-i.org/

renegadeAug 10, 2004 2:52PM
sucks! pai sucks

Sigh_Aug 10, 2004 3:08PM
Of course, because you said so, good one

[err0r]Aug 12, 2004 10:20PM
quote:
renegade said:

sucks! pai sucks
You my friend are an idiot.

da^hypeAug 13, 2004 12:09AM
grow up...

pAli0kiLlAug 13, 2004 10:08AM
/j #babys

DivineOct 8, 2004 10:37AM
d00d you SUCK .. the Scipt is a Real GOOD Piece of work .. rOx ..
Well Done Pai .. too bad you stopped scripting ..
I wish I could be that perfect :)

AstroJul 13, 2005 7:16AM
is that because you suck also renegade?

FiberOPticsJul 13, 2005 7:29AM
You don't have a clue of what you are talking about. Pai is one of the greatest mIRC scripters that I know.

tidy_traxJul 31, 2005 4:37PM
Hey me too! :op

tidy_traxJul 31, 2005 4:36PM
Wow what a moron.

MrdNatJul 28, 2005 5:53PM
pls giv me the script to e-mail dejvid_beck@yahoo.com
and /j #narkomance

exiterJul 29, 2005 7:34PM
quote:
MrdNat said:

pls giv me the script to e-mail dejvid_beck@yahoo.com
and /j #narkomance
2. Go to this site > http://www.kristshell.net/pnp/ or http://pnp.the-i.org/

Either way this should get you the script. :)

DarkDec 9, 2004 5:13AM
jamc , what's up?

hey i wan't to ask about PnP 4.22.
when i exit script & run it agian , the script remove addon i was add it , befor exit!!!
thanks...

SalvidaNov 14, 2004 5:48PM
I have allways used P&P and this is the best one I have ever tried.

I tried and testet others as well but no one is as good as this one in my opinion.

I now use the P&P plus v6.03

I should upgrade to a newer version I know, but if I do so it changes the tool bar and some other stuff so I wont do that right now.

This P&P plus has a lot og great features, speciel commands and a lot of fun popups.

It also have the echo funktion, so that if someone writes your name or a message to you in some other chan (could even be on another network) while you are talking in another chan, then the message will be shown to you as an echo in the chan window that you have open at that time.

Havent seen others with this great funktion.

There is also a smart pupop funktion for your urls plus lots of other stuff to much to mention here.

It is also the most beautifull script I have seen to date.

I Just love it.

The real P&P plus forum/site can be found here -> http://www.onemarq.net/ircfriends/forums/

Text edited by author on Nov 14, 2004 @ 5:55PM

cristiNov 19, 2004 4:12PM
P&P Plus is not the same with P&P ... P&P Plus is built on the base of P&P, but with no support from pai (P&P coder) and no approuval. Official iRC channel is #peace&protection on Undernet, official websites are http://www.kristshell.net/pnp/ and http://www.posci.unibuc.ro/pnp/ . P&P 4.22 last version and other older versions can be found there next to which P&P addons can be found.

Tnx,
Cristi a.k.a. sqr

cristiOct 8, 2004 4:40AM
Well, P&P is outdated that is true, but if there is no one to code? what can we do? I am using P&P for a long time and I host - for now - the P&P website ( http://www.posci.unibuc.ro/pnp/ ). What can I say, the original P&P has't any viruses in its archive. It has some bugs! Some of them have been fixed, such as the bug from which this bord subject started from, the away problem that P&P has with the new versions of mIRC ( writting the log file error ), and the missing popups bug. We are looking for bugs, and trying to fix them, but it is difficult without a coder. If you know any bugs please report them either on the #peace&protection iRC channel on the undernet server, either by mail to pnp@posci.unibuc.ro . Now I will try to fix the other away bug that you were talking earlier, the one with the digits (it iritates me too)
That's all for now!

Regards, Cristi a.k.a. sqr
#peace&protection
pnp@posci.unibuc.ro

PRINCEofTHOTSAug 31, 2004 10:16PM
Best Script i ever used .. have some small bugs but still something more than *BETTER*
Thanks Pai :)

Text edited by author on Nov 24, 2006 @ 2:55PM

blayAug 13, 2004 10:21AM
So I'm curious, what was the "exploit"?

bl4hAug 14, 2004 11:02PM
whatever it was, it was in the file last.mrc. I dont have an old copy, but i'm curious myself :p

blayAug 14, 2004 11:48PM
I have an old copy around here somewhere if it would help pinpoint the exploit. Unless someone "in the know" would like to enlighten us.

peppieAug 15, 2004 10:58AM
The exploit has something to do with /flash evaluating identifiers. Of course if anyone would fully explain the exploit it could only lead to abuse.

****** alias1.mrc
if (($1 == $null) || (-* iswm $1)) {
flash $replace($1-,$chr(32),$chr(160))
return
****** alias1-old.mrc
if (($1 == $null) || (-* iswm $1)) {
flash $1-
return
******

NightCrawlerAug 12, 2004 7:49AM
allways been my Best..

NoMemoryMay 12, 2004 11:27AM
I don't see why you "Great script, great coding, great job pai. This is one of the best scripts I know ;)" ... I don't find PnP such a good script ...
Sorry ...

Voice of PowerAug 10, 2004 8:44AM
It's outdated, compared to todays 'standards', that's all.

PRINCEofTHOTSJul 28, 2003 8:31PM
I downloaded the script and installed,i liked it soo much :p
Miss pai,Please marry me :p i m in love with PnP and pai ;)

renegadeMay 11, 2004 12:53PM
if your trying to be funny, you've done it. everyone in the empty room is laughing.

murkoApr 14, 2003 11:40AM
Been using this script for a time and am happy with it, but (and this is a big but) I have found a small but irritating bug.

Whenever I am away and the log kicks in, as soon as someone types a digit. (fx. 1) the script automaticly logs in in the awaylog and sends out the message to the one typing the digit.

[00:01:23] (Person_1): 1
[00:01:25] Autorespond blabla away, blablabla, one-time--respond to the word (nick)

something like that. I dont know if the problem is any digits, but in my awaylog I have the digits 1,2,5,6 so my guess is that is all single digits. Easy to fix somehow ?

Thenx for a otherwise wonderful script.
/Michael

LySrgikiDMar 24, 2003 9:40PM
I downloaded this from mircscripts.com and what do you know i had the win32 funlove virus. don't know if it was built with it or put there by a third party, but that's my version.

Fallen AngelOct 30, 2002 8:07PM
do'h...see the main one

Text edited by author on Oct 30, 2002 @ 8:09PM

Create New Post

You must be logged in to post messages.